- NOTHING to eat or drink, including water, after midnight prior to your appointment if you are scheduled for general anesthesia or IV sedation.
- If you are taking prescription medications that have been approved by your doctor, please take them with just a sip of water.
- You must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older to drive you home after surgery if you have had IV sedation or general anesthesia. If you are under the age of 18 you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Please have this person be prepared to stay in the office for your entire appointment, as well as during your recovery at home that day.
- If you are diabetic and regularly monitor your blood sugar, please bring your glucometer to your appointment. If you are insulin dependent, please follow your insulin dosing guidelines provided at your consultation and bring your glucometer as well.
- If you have an inhaler, please bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you are required to pre-medicate with antibiotics prior to surgery, please take your antibiotics one hour prior to your appointment, with the smallest amount of water possible.
- Please try to wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery.
- If you wear contact lenses, they should be removed prior to surgery.
- If you are feeling ill, coming down with a cold or have a temperature, please notify our office 24 hours prior to your appointment so we can reschedule.
- If you are pregnant, or believe you might be pregnant, please notify our office so we can discuss the appropriateness of your appointment.
- Please note: As a courtesy to our patients, food, drink, or use of cellular phones are prohibited in our facility.
- We do not permit RECORDING OF ANY TYPE in our facility UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Download the Preoperative Instructions here.
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our form. Please download the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe’s web site if it is not already installed on your system.