Why do I need an Initial Consultation?
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination may be required depending on the type of treatment you need. For your safety we may also require a consult if you have a complex medical history.
What to expect at the Initial Consultation?
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options.
Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consult.
Is There a Fee for the Initial Consultation?
Yes. If you have insurance, a deposit/copay may be due at the time of your visit but we will gladly bill your insurance for you.
What do i need for my Initial Consultation?
- Complete your Patient Registration Forms. If we mailed them to you, please bring them with you to your appointment. You may also fill them out in our office but please arrive at least 20 minutes early.
- Please bring your referral slip with you or have it sent to our office in advance. The referring office can email, fax, or mail your referral slip to our office
- Please bring your current x-ray(s) with you to your appointment. You can also have the referring office email or mail it to us. If you don’t have a current x-ray (within a year), we can take one at our office.
- Please bring your dental and medical insurance cards (both) to your appointment. If this information is not available, payment is due in full at time of service.
- A list of medications and dosages you are presently taking
- If you are scheduled for a consult to discuss Wisdom Teeth or Dental Implants, please be sure to view your online interactive educational program, EMMI. Viewing instructions you have been emailed or mailed to you. If you have not received viewing instructions, please contact us as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For the courtesy of our surgical patients who may be fasting, we kindly ask that no food or drink be brought to the office.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment: Please call our office at least 24 hours in advance. This allows us to provide that time slot to another patient. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.